Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Survey to know people's perception about herbal medicines and its associations




I conducted a survey which would help me take a few decisions for branding and packaging. I went to malls, colleges and parks for survey so that I can cover a larger audience from college students to retired professionals. The purpose behind choosing this form of survey and not phone or e-mail survey was that I can personally meet people and talk to them if they are comfortable and know their views. I had some good experiences where old people would share few things and some bad were I was thrown out of a mall!

I met a 62 yr old pharmacist who believes in allopathy. While filing the form the color he associated with herbal medicine was pink and I asked him the reason behind it, he said that if its white it will become pale and eventually yellowish so pink is a good option.

I met an MBA student who picked out few mistakes in the survey form and helped me revise it.

I met a self made homeopathy adviser (she wouldn't like to call herself doctor since she has not studied medicine but is superbly well read and highly knowledgeable) who told me the difference between allopathy, homeopathy and herbal medicines.

And I had a lot of other experiences too. After the survey, I analyzed it and made few conclusions.


Most preferred packaging material- eco friendly paper and plastic pouch

Most preferred packaging: see through

Colors most associated with herbal products- green,brown

Words most associated with herbal products-safe, natural, organic

Herbal products most used for: beautification

Most people would like to know the process

Most people prefer branded products




No comments:

Post a Comment